Traveling for the Summer? Here are 5 Oral hygiene tips for when you're away from your dentist
Updated: Sep 17, 2018
* Make time to schedule a regular visit before your trip. Have a thorough exam so you spot problems before they happen, and travel with peace of mind.
* Have your dentist contact info handy. You never know when an emergency may arise, and you'd be surprised to find that more dental emergencies can be solved on the phone.
* No toothbrush? No problem. If you forget your toothbrush, you can rinse vigorously with water to wash away some of the cavity causing bacteria. You can also put some toothpaste on a clean wash cloth or a pinch on your clean finger until you can purchase a toothbrush at the drugstore.
* A travelling toothbrush should be kept clean and out of contact with other things. This is even more important that making sure it's dry. A good resealable bag keeps your toothbrush separate from everything else in your luggage, so that when you get to your destination, you can just air-dry.
* Brush with bottle water. If you travel to a country where the water supply is compromised, always use bottled water to brush and rinse your toothbrush with bottled water to avoid the risk of getting sick.
Till next time! ~ the team at Bona Dental Clinic